T O P
CricktyDickty

I don’t know about rehydration but such a small volume jar that has such a big vent on the top is bound to dry up. Try using pint or quart sized jars and a much smaller breathing hole on the lid.


DirtyHarry133

Oh the GE hole is tiny, that's just extra polyfill that i didn't cut. The actual vent is like 1/4" or smth like that. I usually use 750ml jars like the ones in the last pictures but i ran out of those and just used what i had Thanks for the input though, i didn't even think of the role the holes play in dehydrating the jars


CricktyDickty

That’s like a 4 oz jar. It’s tiny and bound to dry faster.


MyNonThrowaway

That does look dry. If when it fully colonizes, you can soak the grain for about an hour before S2B.


DirtyHarry133

So nothing i can do before then?


MyNonThrowaway

I guess you could try to inject some sterilized water into there, but I think it's a contamination risk so I wouldn't. My advice, do some new jars, I like to keep a bunch of stuff in the pipeline - use new lessons learned, and hopefully it'll come out better. This hobby has a lot of opportunities for failure and lessons learned, but it's really rewarding. Keep trying.


DirtyHarry133

I agree and i don't rly mind starting fresh. I learned how i must refine an important step in the proccess so that's more valuable than a few lb of grain. Unfortunately i have 20 quarts and 15 pints of these dry rye already inocculated so i need to try to make it work somehow I'll try injecting some sterile water and maybe try some lc medium too and compare how they evolve side by side


Dorf-42069

The only time I tried this it turned green. I think your best bet is to soak before s2b like previously mentioned