I did brioche for the first time! I don’t know the sorcery behind this but I LOVE it!
By - zippychips
It’s such magic and I love it! One of my favourite stitches now
I love brioche too!!
I'm working on this shrug at the moment and I'm in love:
**PATTERN:** [Shusui Shrug](http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shusui-shrug) by [Susanne Sommer](http://www.ravelry.com/designers/susanne-sommer)
* Category: Clothing > Shrug / Bolero
* Photo(s): [Img 1](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/sosu/685984166/ShusuiShrug_02_medium.jpg) [Img 2](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/sosu/685984159/ShusuiShrug_13_2_medium.jpg) [Img 3](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/MarionEmKnits/537309967/37185722_514174352355979_1906702034719997952_n_medium.jpg) [Img 4](https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/aga3112/587144017/IMG_20181125_174151_308_medium.jpg) [Img 5](https://images4-f.ravelrycache.com/uploads/SewPerfectPurls/552865292/20181016044135_IMG_1930_medium.JPG)
* Price: 7.0 EUR
* Needle/Hook(s):US 6 - 4.0 mm
* Weight: Fingering | Gauge: 20.0 | Yardage: 1262
* Difficulty: 4.58 | Projects: 951 | Rating: 4.87
[Im seeking feedback on new features!](https://www.reddit.com/r/knitting/comments/9q0y2v/meta_seeking_feedback_on_potential_new_features/) | *I found this post by myself! [Opt-Out](https://goo.gl/forms/0B8m4Ra8czpw4gzw1) | [About Me](https://github.com/TN-1/LinkRav_Bot/wiki) | [Contact Maintainer](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=randomstonerfromaus)*
I love brioche! I taught myself how to knit 2 color brioche knitting both colors at the same time over the winter. It was a real game changer!
I'm currently using a related stitch - honeycomb brioche. This has even more of that depth effect that makes the material thick. It is my favorite stitch so far but can also be hellishly difficult to back out of if you make a mistake. :-)
I just finished a scarf in this stitch! So squishy and cozy! I’m glad you enjoy it!
That’s what I plan to do once I get better at brioche! :)
I mean, you actually did it, so you know the sorcery better than I do.
(I am pretty sure the magic is that knits and purls are opposite sides of the same stitch.)
I'm going to have to try this eventually.
It’s actually pretty easy once you do a few samples, so don’t get discouraged if your first try doesn’t come out perfect. The sample in this post was my 4th try, but now I’m doing a scarf and it’s muscle memory.
The magic is in YOs that are worked with every other stitch giving them more depth.
Small update: I started a scarf in a basic brioche stitch! It’s going surprisingly great.
It looks great! My favorite stitch as well!