By - ALPHABOGDOG
Hello /u/ALPHABOGDOG! It looks like you're trying to post a direct image to /r/dataisbeautiful. **I've removed the current thread,** since you're probably trying to do one of several things. Let me help you with posting.
##If you found the image somewhere:
Please note that we require you to post the [**complete original source article**](https://redd.it/2lokun), so that the readers can get context, the author can get credit, and third parties don't get hits from stealing another person's work. Posts must directly link to the visualization **where it was originally introduced** by the author **(not an image on the site, but the actual full web page article).** [More information here](/r/dataisbeautiful/wiki/create/rules/rule2).
The source is rarely Gawker, Tumblr, Imgur, etc. Figure out where *they* got it. Usually a link to the original source is in the first couple paragraphs of where you found it. You may wish to try [TinEye](https://www.tineye.com/) or [Reverse Google Images](https://images.google.com/). If you need assistance, [click here](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fdataisbeautiful&subject=Need%20help%20finding%20the%20original%20source&message=I%20need%20help%20finding%20the%20original%20source%20of%20this%20image:%20https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/v3ycpp/map_of_mass_shootings_in_usa_in_2022_so_far/).
##If you're trying to make a crosspost
**...and** the author of the reddit post is the **original author** of that visual (i.e. you've checked *thoroughly* that the thread you are trying to link is the **first instance ever** of that visual and you've **followed the steps above**):
1. Delete this current thread.
2. Copy the URL of the Reddit thread you are trying to crosspost.
3. [Go to the submission page](https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/submit) and paste the URL of the thread.
4. You are now done. Sit back and reap the karma.
Note that this subreddit does not currently have crossposting enabled.
##If you are trying to submit a Wikipedia link:
Try submitting the *Wikipedia* or *Wikimedia commons* link instead of the raw file. A quick look at the URL should confirm this. Compare the following links:
* **Link A:** https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Minard%27s_Map_%28vectorized%29.svg
* **Link B:** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_visualization#/media/File:Minard%27s_Map_(vectorized).svg
* **Link C:** https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Minard%27s_Map_(vectorized).svg
Take a look at Link A. That is just the image, and is the same issue with hotlinking an article image from a website; there is no context. Now look at Link B. There is a lot of enriching information, e.g. copyright license, author, source, and even a link to the revision history. The same is the case with Link C. In the ideal case, **the B or C examples are the acceptable links.**
##If you made the image yourself:
...then you probably just forgot to add `[OC]` to the title. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Delete this current thread.
2. [Resubmit](https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/submit?sidebar&title=Title%20your%20visualization%20but%20keep%20the%20closing%20tag%20%5BOC%5D#btn) your thread with the phrase `[OC]` somewhere in the title.
3. AutoModerator will send you a private message instructing you how to cite your post. **Follow instructions carefully.**
4. If you have done everything correctly, /u/dataisbeautiful-bot will be along shortly to reward you with [flair](https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/wiki/flair#wiki_oc_flair), and sticky your citations.
Please note that you may **only tag a post as OC if and only if you made it yourself.** We are very strict about [plagiarism](/r/dataisbeautiful/wiki/rules/rule3) in this subreddit. **No, screenshots of someone else's apps do not count.**
##If the original source is otherwise inaccessible:
*Leave this post as-is* and [message the mods](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fdataisbeautiful&subject=Exception%20for%Inaccesible%20Content&message=I%20need%20an%20exception%20for%20this%20post:%20https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/v3ycpp/map_of_mass_shootings_in_usa_in_2022_so_far/%0A%0AOriginal%20link:%20). We'll make an exception for you. In your modmail message, be sure to reference the original document.
Your post will be manually approved by the mod team, and we'll sticky the original link or PDF to the top of the comment thread so our readers can get context.
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/dataisbeautiful) if you have any questions or concerns.*