Enjoying the game, but a few criticisms so far.
By - Shadowraid5
1. I feel like evolving giving stats is a placebo thing, it seems more like a for show thing. It’s not like pokemon who dont evolve at all are busted early game
2. I dont think games can ever end before the 10min, maybe the opposing team simply surrendered.
3. I dont agree, super jump combined with the low respawn times would make it very difficult to score when you kill in your lane and it’s already a very short window if you have a lot of points
3. Plus its also already hard to score early game as it is if theres enough players in your lane as it is.
Well with the super jump, I've noticed it doesn't spawn until half way through the game and I've been in games where by the time it spawned in, we were to far behind to even make use of jumping out far into lane.
So maybe have it spawn sooner?
If you were that far behind when superjump started, I don’t think superjump would’ve changed the outcome that much
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it too.
Because my entire team was still leveling and trying to score and the enemy team was already 3 levels ahead somehow.
And it's part of the reason I made mention of the imbalnce of evole levels. Because Slowbro does evolve at level 4, I've seen it. And seeing as he's a CC Defender, that's a big deal early game.
And stats do increase when you evolve, it is not a placebo, so yea, pokemon evolving at different levels is a bit unbalanced.
And looking at the already rolling in tier lists, a lot of the top tiers are pokemon who don't evolve at all or evolve quickly, such as Zeraora, Pikachu, Eldegoss and Slowbro.
A few things here
1) Don't out too much weight into tier lists. I just checked three tier lists among the top google results and they varied widely. Example: pokemonunite.gg had crustle S tier and Slowbro C tier (their lowest tier). Meanwhile rankedboost has crustle at F tier and Slowbro at B. So, Slowbro is not considered top tier by either of those and Crustle's results are polar opposites.
2) "a lot" doesn't mean much here. There are 20 total pokemon available. Of those 13 either have no evolution or just one. Leaving just 7 Pokemon to compete for the top spots on the tier list. That being said, I have seen talonflame and garchomp ranked highly on some.
3) all single evolution Pokemon evolve at lvl 4. Haven't checked all the two evolution Pokemon, but would guess they all have the same evolution levels as well.
3) i haven't checked either as I only have Talonflame as my only 3 evo, but I think they all evo at 5.
Still think it should be all the same for balancing. Have people gaij a sidden power bokst at a different level is not a very balanced setting.
Can confirm, all pokemon with 3 evos evolve at 5 and 7
All that have 2 evolve at 4.
This is very unbalanced. Since you get a power boost at the evos, the evo levels should all be the same.
>This is very unbalanced.
I think we have definitions of "Very". I can't even make a call on if it is unbalanced or not. No offense, but that level difference is literally about 10 - 30 seconds of gameplay while you go kill a few more minions. If you think it is that OP, then just take advantage of it and always play with with a 2 evolution mon.
So your solution to fixing the issue is to just take advantage of the issue and use it?
That doesn't fix the balance.
I only proposed a personal fix for you. I have not found it a problem so I do not currently feel it needs fixed. That early level everyone has still been weak enough that I don't find myself getting bursted unless I am sorely out of position.
Hopefully Tencent is keeping an eye on W/L ratios and does balance patches in the future for anything that may need fixes.
Games can end early if one team manages to score 1000 points, but that's *super* rare
Another knit pick, there are moves I've seen that should be invincible but aren't.
You can be killed during Talonflame's Unite move. Once he's moving he should be invincible, but he's not.
Talonflame can also be killed during Fly if he isn't fully in the air yet. Such as halfway during the animation to go in the air.